Happy new year to you all! May this year, you lay the foundation for lifelong health, fitness, friendship and fun!
Is “getting fit” your goal for 2018? Has it been in years past? Would you like a simple and effective way to lay the foundation of lifelong fitness? If so, please read on.
My name is Amitoj, and I am a sport psychologist, performance coach, and lifelong athlete. At various points in the past, I have also been a program manager, a computer engineer, and coached basketball, cricket, and CrossFit. Goals don’t work without an effective support system. I do not offer a quick get fit quick solution. What I offer is a foundational fitness system that will stay with you for life. “Kettlebells in the Park: A simple and complete fitness system” is remarkably effective and robust system that will lay a foundation for a fit-lifestyle. Three to four training sessions for 4 months.
The kettlebell was the chosen tool of the Russian army for centuries, and still is. If you know only one thing about the Russian army, it is that they go always go simplicity and robustness. And the kettlebell is just that – it is a singular tool that provides massive performance enhancements and one that is almost impossible to go destroy (with minor care). You have probably seen it lying around in the gym, a cannonball with a handle attached to it, or a heavy tea kettle made of solid iron. It is virtually indestructible and a tool that builds strength, endurance, flexibility, and stability.
The promise of Kettlebells in the Park is simple:
- You will get more mobility and stability along with healthier joints. Mobility is not just flexibility, it is a flexibility and coordination over multiple joints that let you get in the right posture. Simply put, this means more energy and fewer injuries and problems
- You will be stronger all around and more athletic, not just in the gym, but for everyday situations. This also means less fat and more lean muscle mass. Kettlebells build strong backs and glutes, and really powerful and stable shoulders. And every kettlebell move involves the core. And finally, all moves are done without any support or belt, so you will learn how to brace yourself for heavy lifting. You will experience everyday tasks become easier, from playing with your kids, to changing the car tire, to stuffing your overweight cabin baggage in the overhead stowage. And more importantly, it will keep you younger for longer. We lose about half a kilo of muscle mass per year after the age of 30. Strength training is the only way to get it back and maintain your youth
- You will be better conditioned – which means more stamina in every aspect of life, whether you’re a runner, or just more energy dealing with life. In general, you will have vastly improved athleticism and energy at the end of the day. Whether your goal is improved 5K time, or just have more energy at the end of day, the kettlebell has the answers
- And above all, you will be independent. After 4 months, you will have the necessary knowledge to carry on your journey for the rest of your life without the need for a coach. For instance, you will know the proper technique to perform the basic kettlebell moves, and add more as you go along. You will know how to instantly brace yourself for a lift and also how to develop super-tension in your body and get stronger instantly, among other things. My business model is not to keep you dependent, but to make sure you learn enough and you are back not because you have to, but because is the most fun training environment you can find 😊
- Class schedule: I am offering two morning and two evening classes. There is some leeway in terms class timings. Morning classes all weekdays (and possibly Saturday depending on demand), and evening classes Mon through Thursday (Friday depending on demand). You can attend up to 4 classes per week. Please bear in mind these are training sessions and not workouts. My goal here is not to tire you out, but to teach mastery over movement, and get you stronger and leaner. At the end not only will you look the part, but you will be able to live it as well
- Slots per class: Max of 12, slots must be booked a day in advance. This is the most that I can have in a class and still pay enough attention to each of you
- Optional: I say optional but very strongly recommend purchasing your own kettlebell. Once gentlemen can toss around a 16 kg KB and ladies a 12 kg one, the KB will be your friend for life. ‘Tis said you never really own a kettlebell, merely take care of it for the next generation. Let this be your legacy. You should be ready for your own kettlebell in about 6-8 weeks of training.
- Team offers: I very strongly encourage couples to train together. And parents to train with their children (over 13 years). Special pricing is available. Bring your best friend or partner in crime and train together. The challenges of life are no fun alone!
- Challenge of the Year: The 10,000 swings challenge. 4-5 sessions a week, 500 swings per session. Gentlemen with a 24 kg KB, ladies with a 16 kg. This simple challenge will build a new you. Fat loss, lean muscle mass gain, stronger grip, stronger core, more powerful you! We will start talking about it once you can handle the required weight. It is powerful goal for the second half of the year. July if you are really strong, and a second chance in Nov. Details when we get to that bridge.